Sunday, December 6, 2009

Woodall Family - 11/14/09 | NEW TAMPA WESLEY CHAPEL PHOTOGRAPHER

I am beginning to do quite a bit more family photography lately, and not only that, but I'm also doing it with natural light (as opposed to artifical light, [i.e. flashes/strobes, such as those used in studio photography]). This is a major departure for me, because I'm used to being able to control every aspect of the light. However, when you're outdoors, Mother Nature prevails.

As a result of this new direction in my photography, I've had to completely overhaul my Photoshop workflow, because I think it's really important to successfully capture the rich, vibrant colors often encountered in nature. I'm learning new techniques for making colors really "pop", and I've discovered some great ways to brighten skin and increase tonal contrast.

Anyways, enough technical jargon.....here are some of my favorite shots from a recent shoot I did with the Woodall family. Enjoy, and please leave me a comment if you like this look.










2 comments:

Unknown said...

These look great, I love the vibrant colors!

Tampa Band Photos said...

Thanks, Tiffany! It's a work in progress of course, but I'm really starting to enjoy this natural light stuff. You can really push the envelope in terms of saturation and contrast, and the end result is images that really POP!

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Tampa, FL, United States
I'm a commercial photographer in Tampa, FL specializing in band & musician promos, CD covers, press kits, posters, and the like. Please feel free to check out my website/blog using the link below, and give me a shout if I can be of service to you!

http://TampaBandPhotos.com

Search My Blog

Followers