Saturday, March 6, 2010

Giving Credit Where Credit's Due

I've gotten quite a few comments lately from fellow photographers who correctly identified some elements of my work as drawing heavily from a certain "white seamless" tutorial made available by Atlanta-based photographer Zack Arias. Well, the truth is, not only did I base my current studio setup on Zack's amazingly informative 5-part blog post on the subject, but long before I even decided to take the plunge and build a studio in the first place, I actually learned the core fundamentals of off-camera lighting from his OneLight Workshop video. So to say that Zack has been instrumental in my photographic journey would be the understatement of the century-- the guy has taught me more about lighting than all other photographers combined. His down-to-earth style and unique way of explaining things jump-started me from pretender to contender almost overnight.

It would quite simply be a disservice to Zack, as well as to my fellow photographers to move forward without a proper shout-out to him and a firm acknowledgment of all that he has done for me personally and the photographic community at large. So here it is....my official shout-out: Zack, you rock, dude, and I can't wait to see you speak at Photoshop World Orlando in a few weeks! :-)








0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Tampa, FL, United States
I'm a commercial photographer in Tampa, FL specializing in band & musician promos, CD covers, press kits, posters, and the like. Please feel free to check out my website/blog using the link below, and give me a shout if I can be of service to you!

http://TampaBandPhotos.com

Search My Blog

Followers